she found solace in the stranger

Couple of  weeks back, I was with my friends in a club. My friend M and I were standing near restroom, a bubbly looking girl came and joined the queue. She was giggling and looking at us. My friend M asked her if all was well, I added she seems to be happy high. She laughed loud, looked into our eyes, suddenly hugged me and started crying and shared her heart out. 

She mentioned, I was about to become a bride in few days, everything  was so perfect until I got to know He was cheating on me. I broke my relationship and now there is no marriage. 

M and I hugged her back,  cheered her up and complimented her for being courageous. She saved herself  from a probable toxic marriage.Indeed some breakups are worth celebrating.

We don't know her name, neither she knows ours. But for that moment, she found solace in strangers. 

At times, these judgement free moments are all we need. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Training 1>conviction