Context
We often assume, presume and judge others on what we see or hear. How many times do we take efforts to know the context of the situation.
Once, my husband and I were discussing some travel plans and I expressed my wish for driving, my toddler interrupted and said Papa will drive and not you.
I was taken aback while my husband was giving sarcastic laghs(Ha Ha Ha) and I almost started my lecture on patriarchal thinking and what is he learning and picking up.
Then I took a pause and asked my toddler why he said so : he very sweetly in his natural ways said because he want to sit with mama and if I drive he will have to sit with Papa.
Before knowing the context, we assumed and judged the situation and each other. But his one innocent statement changed all.
Henceforth, if you get offended by what someone is saying or behaving, ensure to know the context.
Things will be sorted and peaceful.
Comments
Post a Comment